Thursday, December 6, 2007

Final Topic

I know I kind of got carried away in my research last time (I really wanted to learn about sodas), but I have decided that my final topic is organic vs. processed foods. I would like to look at how some chemical preservatives effect people, and how these foods are delivered to us. I would love to have a behind the scenes view of how many processed foods are made and what chemicals go into them. (Hopefully this blog won't be anything like The Jungle, which is such a good book.) This may still be a bit of a broad topic, but I don't want to limit myself too much and have a difficult time finding interesting information.
There are lot of processed foods that we eat on a daily basis, so I might also highlight a different food for each of my blogs. I learned a little more about sodas last time, and I think it would be interesting to learn about another food each time I blog. If you have any suggestions, let me know! I would like to have foods that have both organic and processed versions so I can compare the two. Since the holidays are coming up, I might look at cookies since they can be made from scratch, but there are also many processed versions. More suggestions are appreciated though!

1 comment:

McLovin said...

id be interested in reading your final report. im pretty interested in how food affects our bodies. i think your topic is very interesting seeing that we don't really think about how many preservatives we actually eat on a daly bases.